WASTEWATER ENGINEERING


Please sign in to view the rest of this entry.

WASTEWATER ENGINEERING
WASTEWATER ENGINEERINGShun Dar Lin
<anchor role="natural" id="p200126969981_450"></anchor><emphasis role="italic"> <emphasis role="bold">WHAT IS WASTEWATER?</emphasis></emphasis> “Wastewater,” also known as “sewage,” originates from household wastes, human and animal wastes, industrial wastewaters, storm runoff, and groundwater infiltration. Wastewater, basically, is the flow of used water from a community. It is 99.94 percent water by weight (Water Pollution Control Federation 1980). The remaining 0.06 percent is material dissolved or suspended in the wat…
Citation
C. C. Lee; Shun Dar Lin: Handbook of Environmental Engineering Calculations, Second Edition. WASTEWATER ENGINEERING, Chapter (McGraw-Hill Professional, 2007), AccessEngineering Export