Our calculator tools streamline calculations that are time-consuming to perform by hand, but not so complicated as to necessitate using a specialized software program. By embedding the relevant formulas directly into Excel workbooks, these calculators enable you to enter input data and quickly get the answer you seek within a software program that you already use every day. Direct links to the source content and additional related material are provided in the spreadsheets for all calculations.
Available Spreadsheet Calculators
- Activated Sludge Aeration Tank Calculations
- Analysis of a Cantilever Beam
- Analysis of a Fixed-Fixed Beam
- Analysis of a Propped Cantilever Beam
- Analysis of a Simply Supported Beam
- Analysis of A.C. and D.C. Circuits - Basic Calculations
- Antennas and Transmission Lines - Basic Calculations
- Compressible (Fanno Flow) of Air in a Pipe
- Compressible Flow of Air in Non Circular Ducts
- Continuous 2-span Beam Calculations Now Available!
- Detention Pond Routing by the Storage Indication Method
- Field Oxygen Transfer Efficiency and Aeration Diffuser Calculations
- Forced Convection Heat Transfer Coefficients
- Gas Flow Orifice Meter Calculations
- Incompressible Annulus and Duct Flow Calculations
- Incompressible Flow in Pipes and Channels
- Incompressible Orifice Flow Meter Calculations
- Inductance, Capacitance, Resonance and Time Constants - Basic Calculations
- Lime Soda Water Softening
- Liquid-Liquid Extraction Solvent Screening
- MBBR Nitrification-Denitrification Calculations
- MBBR Wastewater Treatment Basin Sizing and Aeration Calculations
- Natural Convection Heat Transfer Coefficients
- Natural Gas Pipeline Flow Calculations
- Overhang Beam Calculations Now Available!
- Partially Full Pipe Flow Calculations
- Peak Stormwater Runoff Calculation with the Rational Method
- SBR Wastewater Treatment Design Calculations
- Sharp Crested Weir
- Stress Transformation Calculations Now Available!
- Thermal Design of Double Pipe Heat Exchangers
- Uniform Open Channel Flow (Manning Equation)
- Venturi Meter Calculations Now Available!
Tutorials for Spreadsheet Calculators
- Open Channel Flow Calculations with the Manning Equation Using Excel Spreadsheets
- Partially Full Pipe Flow Calculations Using Excel Spreadsheets
- Pipe Flow/Friction Factor Calculations Using Excel Spreadsheets
- Harlan Bengtson Ph.D., P.E. , Former Dean of Engineering, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
- Henry V. Mott, Ph.D., P.E. , Professor Emeritus, SD School of Mines and Technology, Professor of Hydrology, St. Cloud State University
- William Prudhomme, B.S.E.E. , Principal, XL Technologies, Inc.
- Mark Rossow, Ph.D., P.E. , Former Chairperson of Civil Engineering, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville