Frequently Asked Questions
- Why should I create a personal account?
Creating a personal account provides you with additional valuable tools within AccessEngineering including annotating text and graphs, saving favorites and searches, organizing research with labels, exporting tables to excel, and creating search alerts. Click here for help with these features.
- Can I view AccessEngineering on my mobile device?
AccessEngineering is optimized to work on any mobile device with a browser.
- Do I need any special software to use the site?
- Can I print the content in AccessEngineering?
Yes. When you are at a section that you wish to print, click on the PRINT button on the upper right corner of the page. Note that you must create and be signed into your personal account in order to print content.
- I am a librarian interested in downloading Marc Records or seeing usage statistics. How do I do that?
Marc Records and usage statistics are available from the Administration page.
- Is AccessEngineering Athens and Shibboleth compliant?
AccessEngineering supports authentication via Shibboleth and OpenAthens.
- How often is content updated?
New content is added every month, including new books, videos, downloadable tables, spreadsheet calculators, interactive graphs, and curriculum maps. You can always find what's new on the site from the Latest Updates link in the footer.
- May I use images and videos from AccessEngineering in my lectures or assignments?
Yes, you may use images, videos graphs and tables in your class. Please remember that all content remains the copyrighted property of McGraw-Hill.
- How can I maximize the effectiveness of my searches on AccessEngineering?
AccessEngineering has a powerful search engine that enables users to quickly find the answers they need.
The search engine used relies on Boolean operators. If you search for “power and supply”, our search engine performs four searches – one for each individual word and one for any combination of them. If you put the three words in quote marks, then it will search for the whole phrase. If you mean “or”, then put “or”. Advanced Search functionality is also available.
Filters make it very easy to narrow down search results. Available filters include engineering disciplines and processes, content type, and book title.
AccessEngineering search results are also supplemented by synonyms found in the INSPEC thesaurus. So if you enter ‘power and supply’, as well as the searches across each word and combination, AccessEngineering searches for synonyms related to each word.